At NISG, we understand the scale of modern problems which requires holistic and systemic solutions. Comprehensive solutions are required whether we are talking about disaster mitigation and management, improving governance, tackling the acute health crisis, threats to food security, or any other scenario. We, at NISG, believe that Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an important tool that must be a part of the solution to any of these problems in order to achieve the level of information sharing, coordination, and scale needed to make sustainable impact.
NISG is currently implementing a USD 5.5 million ‘ICT for Development' project with the support of UNDP and SIDA. Implementation of twelve pilot initiatives across the country under the themes of Integrated Citizen Services, Rural Livelihoods, Governance and Women Empowerment are being managed by NISG. NISG strongly believes the synergy of expertise at its disposal in the four areas mentioned (described in detail below) have played a major role in achieving the development outcomes.
Project conception and management
- Conceptualizing e-Government projects based on analysis (needs assessment & situation analysis)
- Preparing Detailed Project Reports with technical plan for implementation
- Managing projects funded by development agencies for impacts and outcomes
- Setting-up of project management units to oversee implementation, coordination & integration of initiatives
- Monitoring, learning, evaluation & decision making
Effective integration with development programs
Use of technology and technical infrastructure management
- Inter-disciplinary (sector/theme) expertise in integration of development initiatives with ICT
- Harmonization and alignment, develop partnerships within & outside project
- Technical expertise in infrastructure creation and management (hardware, software, media, connectivity)
- Design, procurement & customization of different ICT tools
- Needs-oriented technical assistance in all the above three areas
- Documentation of lessons learnt in the forms of case studies, reports, articles etc.
- Ensuring knowledge transfer for the continuity & sustainability of the project
- Supporting government agencies in conducting capacity building programs to facilitate successful planning, design and development of e-government initiatives
We offer the above expertise to funding organizations that can mainstream ICT as an enabling factor to accelerate development process and e-government implementation.